|Airdate||October 14, 2002|
|Previous||See Jimmy Run|
|Next||The Phantom of Retroland|
Trading Faces is the second segment of the seventh episode of season 1.
Jimmy is demonstrating a new invention to Carl and Sheen which the invention transforms your thoughts into music. Cindy plays a joke on Jimmy by playing yodeling on her hidden boom-box. That night, Jimmy is vowing to find out Cindy's next prank on him. Carl asks Jimmy to help him with his homework book Triangles are your Friends. Jimmy suddenly gets a brainstorm where he changes his invention into a machine that reads your thoughts and plays them out loud. He then calls Cindy and the conservation is interrupted when lightning strikes into the power lines, causing Jimmy and Cindy to switch bodies. Both Jimmy and Cindy then scream in horror.
The next day, Cindy's prank is revealed to be a paint bomb, which Cindy herself becomes the victim of. During school, Cindy and Jimmy do the best to make each other look bad (getting Fs, picking their noses, making gas sounds with their armpits, getting 1,500 detentions). Finally, Jimmy finds a way to cure them by dumping their brains into a pod and making Sheen, Carl, and Libby sort out their memories into the correct heads. After their memories are back into their brains, Cindy tells Jimmy that one of them had imagined them walking on a country lane together, holding hands and kissing. Jimmy remembers that, but says that he didn't imagine it. Cindy argues that she didn't imagine it either.
- (Jimmy as Cindy goes to the lab. Jimmy as Cindy then picks a tiny bit of Cindy's hair, and VOX scans it, setting off the security alarm)
- VOX: REJECTED! Girl hair! Girl hair! Girl hair!
- Jimmy as Cindy: VOX, It's me! Let me in!
- (VOX gets mechanical arms, then a trash can appears. The arms open the trash can and they drop Jimmy as Cindy in, then closes the trash can)
- Cindy as Jimmy: If you get garbage in my hair, I'll never forgive you!
- Ms. Fowl: Quiet children! Pop quiz!
Cindy as Jimmy: I hope you enjoyed your straight A's, Neutron, 'cause they're a thing of the past! (begins quiz) The ant is a member of the vegetable family.
Jimmy as Cindy: (working on quiz) Name the planets...Farkle, Gub Gub.
Ms. Fowl: I would like an explanation for these two disgraceful papers!
Cindy as Jimmy: There is a simple explanation Ms. Fowl. I, Jimmy Neutron, am a complete gabble headed dipstick!
Jimmy as Cindy: But not as big a dipstick as you are, Ms. Fowl! And if I don't get a month's worth of detention for that, you are even dumber than you look!
Cindy as Jimmy: How many detentions is this worth Ms. Fowl-breath? (Cindy starts kicking stuff from Ms. Fowl's desk.)
- (Cindy as Jimmy peaks into the room, then jumps in, wearing a pink dress. The entire class laughs, camera zooms in to Jimmy as Cindy)
- Cindy as Jimmy: (while wearing a dress) It's something I've wanted to do all my life, Ms. Fowl!
- Jimmy as Cindy: (at recess) Attention! Here's a list of all the boys in school that makes me, Cindy Vortex, feel all fuzzy inside. Abraham "Mudface" Adler.
(Cindy's clothes are being put into a Salvation Navy truck by the same repair man who appeared in "Normal Boy" and "Birth Of A Salesman". He's an employee of the Salvation Navy.)
- Mrs. Vortex: Are you sure about this, Cindy?
Jimmy as Cindy: Yes, Cindy's mother. I'm glad the expensive outfits I was so foolishly proud of will be clothing the needy.
- Carl: "Extreme dislike of girls who dislike boys who dislike girls who dislike show-offy boys who dislike..."
- Sheen: TOO CONFUSING! Just throw that one away. And download.
- The following are the questions on the Pop Quiz (in chronological order):
- The ant is a member of which family?
- What are the names of the planets?
- What fruits do raisins come from?
- How many suns orbit the earth?
- How many eggs are in a dozen?
- Cindy has a book about Tai Chi on her desk next to her computer.
- At the end of the episode, when Cindy mentions one of them having daydreamed the two of them together, both of them deny thinking it. However, they cannot retain other things from each other's minds, meaning both of them must have dreamed this at some point.
- Carl, Sheen and Libby deleted either Jimmy or Cindy's spite toward the other, unknowingly starting the arc for Jimmy and Cindy's relationship. (The end does reveal however, that they had both already been romantically interested in the other before this.)
- This is the only time in the franchise where it rains.
- This is the second time Jimmy embarrasses Cindy in front of Nick.
- Cindy's computer has the old Nick.com logo on it.
- On Cindy's computer, she is on a website called "Ticketmeister", which is obviously a parody of real life ticket booking website Ticketmaster.