|The Retroville 9|
|Airdate||October 3, 2003|
|Invention||Neutronized Baseball Bats and Mitts|
|Previous||Sorry, Wrong Era|
|Next||Grumpy Young Men|
"The Retroville 9" is a first segment of the 3rd episode from Season 2 of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.
Jimmy's determination to captain a winning baseball team leads him to rev up the equipment with Neutronic technology. When the team unexpectedly reaches the World Championship, Jimmy has a crisis of conscience. At the game, a professional baseball player named Tremendous Jackson gives a heartfelt speech about practice, skills, and teamwork, which makes Jimmy even more guilty. Jimmy tells his friends what he did and apologizes. They decide to play fairly and to start believing in themselves, but sadly, they lose without scoring a single point (due to the fact that they have no skills and never practiced, whatsoever). After deciding to give up baseball, they go see Bonzilla live, where Sheen gets burned to a crisp after insulting the lizard for his size and asks Jimmy what the Japanese word for ambulance is before passing out.
- The Retroville 9
- Butch's Butchers
- Ms. Fowl: Ball three!!
- Sheen: Ball!?! That was right down the middle! I've seen better calls at a square dance!!
- Ms. Fowl: Jimmy's throwing lollipops! The day he throws down Broadway is the day I dance on the moon!!
- Tremendous Jackson: Somewhere in the Rytridian Galaxy, Ultra Lord weeps. (walks away)
- Sheen: There's only one thing we can do. (Scene cuts to the kids seeing Bonzilla in a cage) That's Bonzilla? What a rip-off! He's only 10" high, he's a pipsqueak, he couldn't hurt a-- (Bonzilla sets Sheen on fire with his fire breath) AAAAHHHH!!! Jimmy, what's the Japanese word for "ambulance"?
Click HERE to view the gallery
- This is the first appearance of the running gag about Carl's scapula.
- This is the only time Butch serves as the main antagonist.
- When Carl says: "Today I consider myself the luckiest boy on the face of the earth." Is a parody to Lou Gehrig's "Luckiest man on the face of the earth" speech.
- For unknown reasons, Nick is not on any of the teams. In fact he isn't even in class when announced that Jimmy and his team are going to Japan.
- The baseball players, whose skills Jimmy downloaded into the gloves and bats were Babe Ruth, Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds. Coincidentally, the latter two were later revealed to be cheaters as well.
- When Jimmy wears his baseball hat, you'll notice that he really is the shortest kid in class.
- Butch is cheering for Jimmy's team going to Japan, even though he hates Jimmy and lost to him.
- This is the second time Jimmy creates a baseball bat. The first was in Carl Squared.
- Bonzilla is seen again as an audience member in Win, Lose and Kaboom!
- This is similar to the book, Jimmy Strikes Out.
- This is the first 11-minute episode of Season 2.
- It is possible that the Cosmos baseball team is a spoof of the Astros.
- Goddard and Judy don't appear in this episode.
- Sheen in the end asked Jimmy for the Japanese word for ambulance which is "救急車" "Kyūkyūsha"