|The Incredible Shrinking Town|
|Airdate||January 23, 2006|
|Previous||Crouching Jimmy, Hidden Sheen|
|Next||One of Us|
The Incredible Shrinking Town is an episode from season three.
Butch and Nick are picking teams for basketball, but Jimmy’s picked last because of his height. So he Carl, and Sheen decide go to Retroland to ride The Vomitorium. Then the vendor calls Jimmy "small fry" and then it requires him, Carl and Sheen to be at least his size in order to let them on the ride. So, Jimmy pulls out his shrink ray, and then he sets it to human to get as tall as the guy. But as Jimmy’s about to use it, the shrink ray’s knocked out of his hands by two of of his classmates running about to barf and then they flung into the air, landing on a hit-the-target mini game and when the coach hits it, it goes crazy, shrinking all the humans in town.
Then Jimmy, Carl, and Sheen fight a normal-sized hawk on top of normal-sized Goddard. Then the gang tries to adjust to life being 6 inches tall (including a hilarious scene of Sheen dancing with his Ultra Lady action figure). That's all they can do until, Jimmy makes a new resizing ray.
But just as Jimmy fixes the shrink ray, Zix, Travoltron, and Tee show up. Then Tee wants to eat them, but Zix and Travoltron round them up and then they try to sell them as toys. However, Jimmy tricks them into getting angry at each other with help from Sheen and Carl. Then they attach mini-transmitters to their heads and act like their consciences. They first get Zix and Travoltron to argue and then they get Tee to almost crush them after tricking him into thinking that he’s "dumb." Then, everyone heads back to Earth.
Resized, Jimmy gets a trophy for saving Retroville from being toys while he realizes that you could do anything, no matter what size you are. Suddenly out of spite, Cindy reminds everyone that the problem was Jimmy's fault (when in fact it was really the coach who caused it), and Jimmy gets the feet of the trophy, while Cindy gets the main body. Meanwhile, Ultra Lord and Ultra Lady get "married" at Sheen's house and have "kids" (the Space Bandits who are now shrunk). Zix then cries like a baby and Sheen decides that it's time for their nap.
- This is the second time Nick calls Sheen "Shine". The first time was in Party at Neutron's.
- Sheen kicks Ultra Lord in this episode.
- For some reason, Brittany is not in the class picture despite that she is part of Miss Fowl's class. However, it could mean that maybe she was sick or just couldn't make it.
- Jimmy’s friends go through a serious character derailment when they laugh at Jimmy's height in the flashback. It doesn't help that in the movie, Cindy promised to stop making fun of Jimmy's height. This was most likely to emphasize with Jimmy's problem. Regardless, that still is very cruel of them.
- When Hugh and Judy are done cleaning up the house as little people, they ironically watch a "drive-in" movie on their television of the 1939 version of Gulliver's Travels, which is also owned by Viacom.
- Jimmy breaks the fourth wall when he claims he needs more friends, even though he’s friends with Cindy, Libby, Nick, Betty, and Bolbi as well. It's possible that he forgot about them.
- Carl mentions Frodo from the Lord of the Rings and Jiminy Cricket.
- The episode title is a reference of the movie The Incredible Shrinking Man.
- This is the second time Ms. Fowl shrinks. The first one was in the movie.
- This episode's production number marks the 50th episode in the series.
- This is the only time in the series besides the movie that Jimmy mentions anything about his size.
- Although this episode was released in 2006, you can actually see "Copyright 2003 Viacom International, Inc." at the end of the credits. This means that the episode was produced in 2003.
|The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius: Season 3|
|Attack of the Twonkies (movie) | Lights! Camera! Danger! | Fundemonium | Stranded | Jimmy Goes to College | The N-Men | The Tomorrow Boys | My Big Fat Spy Wedding | Who's Your Mommy | Clash of the Cousins | Crouching Jimmy, Hidden Sheen | The Incredible Shrinking Town | One of Us | Vanishing Act | The Trouble with Clones | The Evil Beneath | Carl Wheezer, Boy Genius | Who Framed Jimmy Neutron? | Flippy | King of Mars | El Magnifico | Best in Show | How to Sink a Sub | Lady Sings the News | The League of Villains (movie)|