|Airdate||November 30, 2002|
|Next||Crime Sheen Investigation|
Safety First is the first segment of the eleventh episode of Jimmy Neutron.
A bully named Terry Finster has been giving Jimmy a rough time and stealing his lunch lately, and he's had it. Rather than go to the proper authorities, Jimmy creates an electronic bodyguard piloted by Nanobots. The Nanobots get a little overzealous, the Jim-Tech helps Jimmy's situation but it mistakes his friends for bullies and his friends become petrified of him.
- (Terry has just stolen both of Jimmy's lunches, squashing the other one.)
- Libby: Jimmy, don't put up with that!! You have to tell a teacher!!
- Cindy: Or your parents. Even you shouldn't have to deal with a vicious bully on a daily basis!!
- Carl: What are you gonna do Jimmy?
- Jimmy: Something better that all Terry Finster does.
- Sheen: Cry and beg for mercy?
- Jimmy: No, put science to work. When there's a lab there's a way.
- Hugh: (to Jimmy): Just got a phone call from Terry's mom! Did you two have a little spat-a-roo?
- Judy: Hugh, the talk?
- Hugh: (clears throat) Once upon on time, a boy sparrow ... said to a girl sparrow, "Hey, nice feathers! Can I buy you some millet?" Well, the girl sparrow...
- Jimmy: You know what, dad? I would really love to hear the rest, but I'm having a small emergency, bye!
- Hugh: And when he got to her nest, he was alarmed to find out that her mother was a cantankerous old crow!
- Judy: Hugh!
- Carl mentions the events of When Pants Attack to Jimmy when Carl asks if the Nanobots will do anything bad like the pants did, but Jimmy says those were Nanochips.
- In response to Cindy's and Libby's advice to report Terry Finster to Jimmy's parents or a teacher, Carl says that "(A)dults usually know the right thing to do, except in horror films when there's a spider in their bathtub..." This is a reference to the horror film Arachnophobia (1990).
- Carl, Cindy, and Libby were all holding the same book when Terry stomped on Jimmy's second homemade lunch. The book's title is "Reading for Credit".
- When The Nanobots walk in slow-motion they walk in a similar fashion to the astronauts in the Docudrama The Right Stuff (1983).
- This is the second episode where Jimmy and Cindy don't antagonize each other at all. The other three times are Hypno-Birthday To You, My Big Fat Spy Wedding, and Lady Sings the News.
- Carl's voice becomes more high-pitched starting with this episode.
- This is the only episode where Goddard walks on his hind legs.