|GO TO THE LIST||Nightmare in Retroville||TRANSCRIPT|
|Nightmare in Retroville|
|Airdate||October 29, 2003|
|Invention||Neutronic Monster Maker|
|Previous||Return of the Nanobots|
|Next||Attack of the Twonkies|
Nightmare in Retroville is the sixth episode in season 2 of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.
The episode starts with Goddard making a Jack-o-Lantern and then Sheen asks what they will be for Halloween. Carl says he'll be Llama Boy and says this year he is going to wear a cape but Jimmy and Sheen say that he was Llama Boy for at least the last 8 years, plus Llama Boy isn't really scary, just creepy. Jimmy guesses that Sheen will be Ultra Lord, again but Sheen denies this, saying that he wore out his costume. The three of them go back into the house where Hugh is watching his favorite 1950s movie "Octopus Man". Carl asks what Jimmy will be this year, if he'll be Albert Einstein, Jet Fusion, or Stephen Hawking (whom he describes as that "smart guy in the wheelchair that talks with a keyboard"). To Carl and Sheen's surprise, however, Jimmy says that he won't trick or treat, since Halloween's kind of for kids (though technically, they still are kids, as Sheen and Carl remind him). However, Jimmy makes a deal that he will make Carl and Sheen into monsters if they give him half of their candy (Jimmy initially suggests a quarter of the candy, but Sheen convinces him to make it half).
They go into Jimmy's lab where Jimmy presents his Neutronic Monster Maker which will change anyone's physical appearance to resemble the monster they choose. Carl chooses to be a vampire while Sheen chooses to be a werewolf. Jimmy turns them into monsters and they use the hovercar to go trick-or-treating to more houses. They go to Principal Willoughby's house first and get enough candy to make them sick for weeks, as Sheen puts it. When Carl accidentally cuts himself in the finger with a wrapper, he drinks the blood from his finger to heal the cut (which disgusts Jimmy and Sheen) and he says he wants more blood (as he has now turned into a real vampire). He turns into a vampire bat and flies away. Jimmy surmises that his machine has changed Carl's DNA into that of a real vampire. Sheen then sees the full moon come out from behind the clouds and tries to attack Jimmy (as he has now turned into a real werewolf). Jimmy panics and immediately flies off with Goddard in the hovercar.
Meanwhile, Hugh accidentally falls into Jimmy's lab and inadvertently turns himself into Frankenstein's monster, rendering him unable to speak in complete sentences. Judy thinks he made himself a wonderful costume. He tries to grab Judy, but she goes to put on her costume and gives Hugh a lighter. He quickly throws it out the door and runs away. Jimmy then lands his hovercar in the park and asks Goddard what he knows about vampires (he learns they feed on the blood of the living, can turn their victims into vampires, are repelled by garlic, and can only be destroyed by a Wooden stake driven into their heart). He asks Goddard if he knows anything about werewolves, but it's Ms. Fowl who answers that question. She appears out of the fog, dressed as a fortune teller, and tells Jimmy about werewolves because she was once married to one. She quickly disappears into the fog. Carl finds Cindy, hypnotizes her, bites her, and transforms her into a real vampire like him. Sheen then finds Libby, bites her, and transforms her into a real werewolf like him. Hugh then goes to the Candy Bar where Sam is playing his violin. Judy then comes and says she needs help at home giving out fruit snacks. Hugh does not listen, takes her in his arms, and walks off, making Sam lament that he wishes he was married.
Jimmy then finds Carl and Cindy walking together. He lands the hovercar and he Goddard walk up to them with Jimmy starting to tell Cindy to stay away from Carl as he is a real vampire. Cindy then turns around and hisses at Jimmy, scaring him and Goddard, revealing that she has become a vampire. Carl then turns around, and sinisterly tells Jimmy, "Cindy has joined me! You too must me! Ha ha! It only takes one bite!", and he and Cindy approach Jimmy, hissing menacingly at him ready to turn him into a vampire too. Jimmy and Goddard try to run back to the hovercar, but Carl and Cindy do a big flip over him landing in front of the hovercar blocking his path. Jimmy stops for a couple seconds then tells them, "Hey look! The Red Cross is having a blood drive!" while pointing at nothing. This distracts Carl and Cindy long enough for Jimmy and Goddard to start running away from them. When they see Jimmy and Goddard running away from them, they transform into vampire bats and chase after them. When they finally reach Jimmy however, they suddenly get scared and fly off. Jimmy then realizes that he is standing in front of the display window of Lucky Tony's House of Garlic. He and Goddard go into the alley to sneak back to the hovercar where Sheen and Libby sneak up behind him. When Jimmy hears growling he turns around saying “that’s not good” and sees that Libby has become a werewolf prompting him to gasp and turn to Goddard telling him “Sheen must have bitten Libby”. Sheen thanks Jimmy for turning him into a werewolf, since he likes it, except for the flees. Libby suggests to Sheen that they eat Jimmy, claiming that "he said they were going to get something to eat." They then snarl and growl as they chase Jimmy until they also get scared away because Jimmy is standing in front of the display window of the Hi Ho Silver Jewelry Store. Then, Hugh, holding Judy, comes onto the sidewalk, running into Jimmy. Jimmy realizes that his dad probably got into his lab and turned himself into a monster with the machine. The other monsters meet up with the three on the sidewalk. Sheen and Carl attack Hugh while Cindy and Libby start fighting. Jimmy uses the cover of the fight to escape. Judy breaks up the fight by telling them all to work it among themselves. When they work things out, the monsters conclude that they shouldn't fight each other and instead decide to scare and attack the townspeople. Meanwhile, Jimmy returns to his lab and turns himself into a monster, but lowering the settings so that his DNA, unlike the others', will not change.
The monsters go to the Candy Bar where an alarmed Sam and Ms. Fowl call up an angry mob, armed with silver, garlic, and fire. They chase the monsters into the mini golf course. They all hide from the mob behind the windmill on one of the courses. They then see Jimmy coming to them from the sky and realize that he has turned himself into Octopus Man, which Hugh admires. Being at their wits' ends, Sam and the mob call off their hunt and run off in horror. Jimmy grabs all of them with his tentacles and takes them back home, where he turns them back to normal. They are glad to be their normal selves again, but also sad that they left all their candy behind. Hugh even mentions that no candy on Halloween is scary. Jimmy says that he can fix that, and rings bells with his eight arms. Jimmy, in a scary yet funny voice, says, "Trick-or-Treat". A screen appears showing the words "HAPPY HALLOWEEN".
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius - Season 2
- NickToons Spooky Halloween
Sheen: That's it! I want to be the wolf guy!
Jimmy: Sheen! I have one hundred and one other monsters!
Sheen: I know Jimmy, but it's always been my lifelong dream to be covered in hair!
Sam: Great flipping toadstools! Real monsters! We gotta destroy them! Quick go get some angry villagers, some torches, garlic, silver junk, and a beautiful red-headed woman named Tessie!
Mrs. Fowl: We don't need a beautiful red-headed woman named Tessie.
Sam: Speak for yourself. (raises eyebrows suggestively)
Jimmy: [to Goddard] What have you got on werewolves?
Ms. Fowl: [dressed a fortune teller and speaking mysteriously] Even a man who is pure at heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf's mane blooms and the autumn moon is bright!
Jimmy: Uh, hi, Ms. Fowl. How do you know about werewolves?
Ms. Fowl: I was married to one, but that's a story for another day.
Jimmy: [to Ms. Fowl] Uh, anything else I should know?
Ms. Fowl: Well, they can turn other people into werewolves by biting them, and they can only be destroyed by a silver...
Ms. Fowl: Cane, spoon, hairbrush, anything silver! Okay, happy Halloween. Don't forget to floss.
Carl: (Trying to hypnotize Judy with his vampire hypnosis) Look into my eyes, please.
Hugh: (Steps between Judy and Carl) Arrgh! She mine!
Carl: Take a number, Flathead. (He and Hugh get in a struggle with one another) Ahh! I'm going to bite you in the neck! Here I co- (Hugh pokes him with his long nose) Ow!
Sheen: A rumble! Cool!
(Cindy hisses at Libby while Libby growls at Cindy)
Cindy: Libby, did you do something to your hair?
Libby: No. Are you using teeth whitener?
Cindy: Look into my eyes.
Libby: No way! You look into my eyes while I take a big old bite out of you!
Carl: (as he, Hugh, and Sheen are fighting) Hold still, Sheen! I'm trying to bite you!
Sheen: No! I wanna bite you!
Sheen: I'm not a cat! I'm a wolf!
Click HERE to view the gallery
- The trick or treat baskets that Carl and Sheen have resemble things that their monster forms do.
- The title is a parody of "A Nightmare On Elm Street". The title card's font is also the same as the logo of "A Nightmare On Elm Street 2".
- Ironically there are no further references to the likeness of Freddy Kruger (the main antagonist of the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies). This is most likely due to the episode paying homage to horror icons from the 20's to 50's.
- Jimmy, Hugh, Carl, Sheen, Libby, and Cindy constantly switch personalities when they are in monster form.
- When Carl is suggesting what costumes Jimmy should have on Halloween, he mentioned "that smart guy in the wheelchair that talks with a keyboard". He is talking about Stephen Hawking, one of the smartest humans who ever lived.
- This is the only holiday episode to not include songs or a brain blast.
- This episode is featured in as an extra in the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour 2: When Nerds Collide DVD
- This is the fourth episode where Jimmy and Cindy don't antagonize each other at all. The other five times are Hypno-Birthday To You, Safety First, Professor Calamitous, I Presume, My Big Fat Spy Wedding, Flippy, and Lady Sings the News.
- One of the monster choices on Jimmy's wheel is Michael Jackson, who is donned in his Thriller outfit.
- Miss Fowl recites lines from the 1941 movie "The Wolf Man" ("Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
- Cindy's Halloween costume was Muffy the Vampire Annihilator, which is an obvious reference to American television show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
- Sheen references Gene Wilder's character from Young Frankenstein (pronouncing it as "Fronkensteen").
- It’s revealed Carl cuts his finger on candy wrapping.
- The monsters on Jimmy's monster maker are:
- It is revealed that Cindy’s blood type is A+.
- Libby is seen in her regular clothes when her and the other monsters hide behind the windmill.
- Jimmy, Sheen, and Goddard waste time watching Carl drink blood, when any of them could have told him to stop drinking it, to prevent his turning into a vampire. Sheen was disturbed by it, while Jimmy just stood in shock.
- It is unknown why Sam refers to Hugh as a real monster when earlier in the episode he believed Hugh had a costume on.
- Ms. Fowl claims she was married to a werewolf, but in The Big Pinch, she claims to not like marriage.
- When Jimmy was changing himself into Octopus Man, we see the dial on his Neutronic Monster Maker machine on the creature. However in the very next scene (where he tells Goddard to flip the switch) the dial is on Michael Jackson.
- The cartridge Jimmy inserts into the Monster Maker’s control panel is already in its slot before he puts it in seconds later.
- Jimmy says the Monster Maker has 102 different monsters to choose from, but the wheel only shows 12 monsters.
|The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius Season 2 episodes|
|A Beautiful Mine | Sorry, Wrong Era | The Retroville 9 | Grumpy Young Men | Operation: Rescue Jet Fusion | Nightmare in Retroville | Monster Hunt | Jimmy for President | Return of the Nanobots | Holly Jolly Jimmy | Love Potion 976/J | Sheen's Brain | Maternotron Knows Best | Send in the Clones | The Great Egg Heist | The Feud | Out, Darn Spotlight | The Junkman Cometh | Foul Bull | The Science Fair Affair | Men at Work | The Mighty Wheezers | Billion Dollar Boy | Win, Lose and Kaboom!|