|GO TO THE LIST||Lights! Camera! Danger!||TRANSCRIPT|
|Lights! Camera! Danger!|
|Airdate||November 27, 2004|
|Previous||Attack of the Twonkies|
Lights! Camera! Danger! is the second episode of Season 3.
When Jimmy and his friends see an ad for making a screenplay, Jimmy crabs at the others for being so excited. Cindy tells him that he's just jealous because he doesn't have any artistic talent, due to being a math and science type of guy. Jimmy (being too arrogant to admit it) gets mad and tries to prove them wrong by writing a screenplay, but he ends up watching the most successful movies at Hyper-Speed (including Titanic, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, Forrest Gump, The Empire Strikes Back, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Home Alone,The Wizard of Oz and his own movie) and then steals stuff from the movies to write the best screenplay ever.
The next day, the gang is turning their stuff in and then wait a few weeks later for Quentin Smithee to come and pick the winner. Jimmy's screenplay wins, and he and the gang get in the movie too. Jimmy's confused while the rest of them are real excited about it. When Quentin is about to leave, Hugh begs him for a part. Quentin tells him he can be Donut Boy who will bring doughnuts to the set, but sadly, Hugh thinks that Quentin means the movie is going to be about him, and he is Donut Boy, an undercover cop who goes by his own rules.
The first day, they are doing the scene on a rooftop, which Jimmy complains it doesn't work with the script. The wires the gang is on to get them to fight fly, drops them off the rooftop and Jimmy uses his shoes to save everyone from hitting the ground. Jimmy's friends get suspcious about this, but Jimmy doesn't listen to them, out of pride.
The next scene features them on a roller-coaster (Jimmy notices that this has nothing to do with his script), Cindy didn't know her script is a love scene that she has to kiss Jimmy, so they start to move, but Jimmy realizes that the roller-coaster track is broken. Goddard gives them a crashpad and they jump to safety. Libby wonders if this Quentin Smithee guy is even a real director and Jimmy says he is, but he can't think of anything he's done. Goddard looks him up, but there is no match and Jimmy tries to make up a stupid excuse, but his friends walk away.
It is then revealed that Quentin Smithee is actually Professor Finbarr Calamitous, who is once again, plotting to do away with Jimmy Neutron and his friends.
In the next part, Calamitous tells them that they are going to do a musical number and they do the performance, but when the hats come to life, they start trying to kill the gang. Jimmy destroys the hats with the laser hidden in his watch. The others consider quitting, but Jimmy convinces them otherwise when he reminds them of all the fame and money they will get if they do not quit.
The final movie scene is a part at the wizarding school of Pigpimples, when Calamitous tries to activate kill mode with his remote control, but end up malfunctioning and Jimmy finds out the truth, but since Calamitous took care of Jimmy's inventions, stopping a dangerous robot snake is up to Hugh who shortens out the Snake's systems with his donuts. The snake malfunctions and smashes Calamitous.
Calamitous is sent back to jail and once again, vows revenge on Jimmy. Jimmy apologizes to his friends for the way he acted and decides to stick what he's good at: inventing wacky things and endangering the town every week. Then he tells his friends that maybe, they can finish his movie, they still have the camera and film and this time, they will do the movie exactly the way he wrote it, but Cindy doubts it because she found out that it will fully lead her, Carl, Sheen and Libby to great danger, so Cindy tells Jimmy that, in order to stay safe, they do their movies that time and by that, she means fusing them into one, which Carl, Sheen and Libby agree to her with.
- Staritng with this episode, Libby now appears alongside Jimmy, Goddard, Cindy, Carl, and Sheen in opening logo.
- This episode features various movie references such as The Matrix, Titanic, Fantasia, Chicago, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and others.
- One of the movies Jimmy watches is his own, breaking the fourth wall.
- Throughout the episode, Hugh keeps interrupting Calamitous by doing scenes for his character, Donut Boy.
- In this episode, Jimmy does poorly at art, but in the movie, he is shown to have drawn excellent blueprints. This shows that he could draw, if he was not so lacking in artistic creativity.
- Carl, Sheen, Cindy, Libby and Hugh's movies are based on Mission Impossible, American Beauty, Shakespeare in Love, The Matrix, and Shaft.
- The sorcerer's hat Jimmy wears is almost identical to Sorcerer Mickey's hat from Disney's Fantasia.
- When Jimmy kiddingly (and condescendingly) asks Carl if his name is Rob, he is referring to Rob Paulsen.
- The episode also features a parody of the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer logo with Goddard in place of their mascot, Leo the Lion who has been roaring since 1957, and barking in a manner similar to his roar.
- Quentin Smithee is a parody of Quentin Tarantino, due to his resemblance.
- Quentin Smithee's last name is also a reference to Alan Smithee, a pen name for directors, producers or actors who no longer want their name attached to a film.
- Carl's line "Um...yes, are you going to finish that croissant?" became an internet meme, due to Carl's mispronunctiation of the word "croissant".
- This is the second episode Professor Calamitous uses a human disguise. The first was in The Great Egg Heist.
- The Donut Boy Theme Song is a parody of the Shaft Theme Song.
- Despite Jimmy smashing his head on his keyboard, nothing appeared on his screen.
|The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius: Season 3|
|Attack of the Twonkies (movie) | Lights! Camera! Danger! | Fundemonium | Stranded | Jimmy Goes to College | The N-Men | The Tomorrow Boys | My Big Fat Spy Wedding | Who's Your Mommy | Clash of the Cousins | Crouching Jimmy, Hidden Sheen | The Incredible Shrinking Town | One of Us | Vanishing Act | The Trouble with Clones | The Evil Beneath | Carl Wheezer, Boy Genius | Who Framed Jimmy? | Flippy | King of Mars | El Magnifico | Best in Show | How to Sink a Sub | Lady Sings the News | The League of Villains (movie)|