|Jimmy Goes to College|
|Airdate||May 27, 2005|
Jimmy Goes to College is the sixth episode of Season 3.
Jimmy is showing everyone unstable molecules, but nobody seems to be interested. Ms. Fowl says she was going to teach the class about unstable molecules, but then decided not too, because it was too difficult for the other students, who aren't so bright. So the class will just make macaroni sculptures instead. Everyone is happy except for Jimmy.
When Jimmy gets home, he sees someone using his cheese ray. He then realizes that the stranger was a professor of an advanced physics college, named Dean Kane, and that his parents let him into his house to show Jimmy's inventions. The professor states that Jimmy is smart enough to go to college. Jimmy unwittingly decides that he wants to go to college, that way, people will finally respect him and the wonders of science.
At college, Jimmy arrives late using his jet pack, and starts explaining about his jet pack, but then realizes that everyone already knows how to use a jet pack and hangs it up with others. Dean Cain, the professor starts asking questions and Jimmy starts answering them correctly. Everyone in the class is impressed, except for a student named Seymour, who is jealous of Jimmy's intelligence. Seymour then makes Jimmy's jet pack malfunction, and everyone including the professor starts yelling at Jimmy, and he starts missing his old school.
Meanwhile, Jimmy arrives late for class again, because he couldn't find his locker, and the computer students dumped his head into the toilet. He tries to find a lab partner, but nobody wants to be his partner except Seymour, who wants to get rid of Jimmy. He puts a chemical into Jimmy's test tubes when Jimmy doesn't notice, and he puts in another chemical and the test tube explodes causing ice to fly everywhere. Everyone gets mad at him again and Jimmy says that he hates it there.
Back at home, Hugh gets more fleas and he accidentally lets them free, causing everyone in the house (Sheen, Carl, Judy, Goddard and Hugh) to start itching. Jimmy then calls them and then Judy tries not to sound upset that he's gone so he doesn't worry about them, which makes Jimmy even more upset. Seymour then comes into Jimmy's room (which is actually a broom closet) and starts talking to him and says that he can make him more likeable by doing what he says. Jimmy reluctantly agrees to do that. Seymour rips a page out of Jimmy's notebook, which contains plans for an invention about unstable molecules without Jimmy noticing. He asks what could be more worse. Then we fade to him naked, since he likes it. Seymour tells him to take a quick streak down the college lab and he'll be one of them. When Jimmy does so, it causes a machine to explode and Dean Cain expels Jimmy.
Before he leaves, Jimmy notices his notebook has been ripped by Seymour. He then tells Carl and Sheen to come to the college, Jimmy then changes a few things on the invention that Seymour stole from him, so that it will launch toilet paper instead. But he doesn't have time to make the changes completely, so it starts getting out of control, firing molecules EVERYWHERE. Jimmy decides to save them, using glue shields to capture all the molecules. Seymour is then expelled from college, when Dean Cain finds out what actually happened. Dean Cain apologizes to Jimmy and Jimmy is unexpelled, but he decides to go back to his old school. In the end, Jimmy realizes that is doesn't matter what kind of school he goes to or if no one is as smart as him, what truly matters is that he can embrace his uniqueness wherever he goes.
- This is the only episode to feature nudity (but nothing is shown).
- Jetsons references:
- When Dean Cain holding onto Jimmy's jetpack out of control, then he shouts "James! Stop this crazy thing!", which is what happens in the end credits when George takes Astro for a walk, then Astro chases a cat, causing George to get stuck on the mechanical floor and George yells "Jane! Stop this crazy thing!"
- Dean Cain yells at Jimmy who throws a frozen flask and destroys lab computers, then he yells "Neutron!!" Just like when George's boss Mr. Spacely yells at him and yells "Jetson!!" if something goes wrong and was George's fault.
- This is the last episode to feature the original intro.
- When Jimmy tells Carl and Sheen to come to college, he tells them to bring Goddard, but Goddard wasn't anywhere in the classroom at all.
- This is the last episode where Goddard talks in his voice. When he speaks, he stands on his hind legs using his front right leg like and arm like Sheen and Carl.
- The college Jimmy goes to is the same one Sheen gets a job as a teacher at the end of Sheen's Brain.
- Dean Cain is also a reference to the Actor who played Superman in ''Lois & Clark''.
|The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius: Season 3|
|Attack of the Twonkies (movie) | Lights! Camera! Danger! | Fundemonium | Stranded | Jimmy Goes to College | The N-Men | The Tomorrow Boys | My Big Fat Spy Wedding | Who's Your Mommy | Clash of the Cousins | Crouching Jimmy, Hidden Sheen | The Incredible Shrinking Town | One of Us | Vanishing Act | The Trouble with Clones | The Evil Beneath | Carl Wheezer, Boy Genius | Who Framed Jimmy? | Flippy | King of Mars | El Magnifico | Best in Show | How to Sink a Sub | Lady Sings the News | The League of Villains (movie)|